The Corporate and Equity Paralegal will be a key player in Arrive’s legal group with a significant amount of cross-group responsibilities. This exciting position will be a key player in the management of Arrive’s equity program, assist with domestic and international corporate structuring and governance, and handle general corporate/commercial paralegal duties. The Corporate and Equity Paralegal will be meticulously detail oriented, with the ability to work independently and embrace the challenges of a hyper-growth environment.
What You’ll Do
- Administer Arrive’s equity awards program, including preparing equity award grants, managing our equity program software, tracking equity details and communicating with participants regarding the program.
- Become a subject matter expert in Arrive’s equity structure and awards program and work closely with the General Counsel, the VP of Total Rewards, the Tax Director and other internal stakeholders and outside investors in the management of Arrive’s equity. Prepare and update capitalization tables, shareholder ledgers and other documentation relating to Arrive’s equity.
- Assist the General Counsel in the domestic and international structuring and governance of Arrive’s legal entities.
- Along with other members of the legal group, negotiate customer, supplier and other contracts on behalf of Arrive.
- As a corporate paralegal, provide support and legal assistance on a wide variety of corporate/commercial and commercial litigation matters.
- Work independently on a wide variety of special projects for the legal group, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with paralegal certification, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a corporate/commercial paralegal
- Systems aptitude: broad experience working with capitalization tables and/or web-based equity management software (Shareworks knowledge preferred)
- Good knowledge of the basics of legal equity and capital structures (experience in working with LLCs and profits interest units is a plus)
- Meticulously detail oriented
- Strong systems aptitude. In particular, an advanced skill set in Excel/Google Sheets is required
- Basic contracts knowledge and a general understanding of company operations, organization, and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, task tracking, organization and follow up skills
- Highly dependable and reliable with a proven track record of becoming an indispensable go-to staff member
- Comfortable working with highly confidential information
- Experience working in the transportation industry is a plus
- Commercial litigation experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong research skills
- Spoken and Written Spanish fluency is a plus
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Breakfast is provided on Mondays and lunch on Fridays. Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.