Our explosive growth is your opportunity to accelerate your career in a high-impact, Credit and Collections Manager role on our finance team. We’re looking for candidates willing to go above and beyond to deliver the results, service and experience that we pride ourselves on at Arrive. We are seeking an experienced and strategic Credit and Collections Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Credit and Collections department, ensuring the timely collection of outstanding invoices and minimizing bad debt. This role requires a high level of experience in credit and collections, as well as strong leadership and analytical skills. This role will partner with the Sales, Customer Relations, and Accounting teams.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Arrive’s Credit and Collections function, including supervising staff, establishing goals, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures. Evaluate performance, hold direct reports accountable and address any issues appropriately. Hire, promote and manage performance as needed.
- Develop and maintain a team training program, including training documents and materials. Train new hires and team on updated processes, regulations and requirements. Provide continuous training allowing for follow-through and follow-up. Develop and identify improvements to current processes that improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing collections, minimizing bad debt, and managing credit risk.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to make credit decisions and establish credit limits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Development and Customer Relations ensuring timely payments, and resolving issues or disputes.
- Monitor and report on the company’s aging accounts receivable, including making recommendations for resolutions, write-offs and reserves.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to senior management on credit and collections performance.
- Continually assess and improve the credit and collections process, identifying areas for improvement and implementing solutions.
- Manage relationships with credit reporting agencies and ensure accurate reporting of credit information.
- Own the trade insurance policy management and vendor relationship.
- 4-year college degree in finance, accounting, or business is required.
- 4+ years of experience in credit and collections management.
- Experience managing a team of credit and collections professionals.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Strong leadership and team development skills.
- Excellent customer relationship and vendor management skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- This role supervises a staff of 4+ people.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.