We are seeking an experienced and strategic Director of Procurement to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for indirect procurement (encompassing all non-freight purchasing) for Arrive Logistics. Arrive indirect procurement volume is approximately $50 million annually. Functional responsibilities include purchasing, spend analytics, category management, and vendor management activities.
What You’ll Do
- Develop appropriate policies, procedures and structure for world-class purchasing.
- Lead the development of sourcing strategies to drive significant cost savings and value-add in all indirect spend categories.
- Lead multi-stakeholder sourcing projects and negotiations; handle end-to-end RFP processes.
- Drive spend aggregation, vendor consolidation, and strategic sourcing disciplines.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning to ensure the best pricing, service, and delivery.
- Centralize procurement and related activities, such as vendor contracts and spending, becoming point of contact to external vendors.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process to ensure that purchasing benefits are memorialized in reduced spending targets where appropriate.
- 8+ years of sourcing and procurement experience regarding indirect goods and services.
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain, finance, or a related field.
- Experience with leading large systems required.
- Experience with leading and participating in cross-functional teams.
- High degree of understanding and usage of e-procurement tools.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work across various leadership levels.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple indirect spend categories.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, and a bias for action.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Breakfast is provided on Mondays and lunch on Fridays. Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance – If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.