The Finance Operations Manager manages the credit and delivery to cash functions of their direct reports and owns the vendor and customer facing accounting communication. Reporting to the Finance Manager- Mexico, this position oversees a team of AR and AP Clerks and Specialists, and works closely with assigned sales teams to ensure efficient and timely completion of all accounting tasks and performance metrics. This position builds and manages internal & external relationships, and executes detail-oriented processes for daily functions. This role recommends and improves existing processes. The Finance Operations Manager will oversee the credit functions for all Mexico based customers.
What You’ll Do
- Lead team of direct reports on daily tasks. Manage the selection and hiring process as needed; provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely. Input for hire, promotion, performance management and termination decisions are strongly valued.
- Develop and implement training programs and SOP’s for all direct departments.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales management, and operations. Hold regular meetings with internal and external parties to resolve issues.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding receivables/payables, including significantly past due accounts with sales leadership and operations.
- Track and maintain team metrics and reports for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, aging, unsettled, etc.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements to increase team productivity and quality.
- Identify trends and guide the team to reduce aging, unsettled, and optimize customer collections.
- Build strong relationships with external parties in an effort to ensure all transactions are settled appropriately. Respond to requests on any transaction related inquiries and manage escalations.
- Provide the sales team with regular updates on their unsettled transactions.
- Ensure customer invoices are accurate and issued timely.
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding transactions.
- Create and manage SOPs for systems, processes and accounts. Provide final review of SOPs written by direct reports. Regularly review procedures for improvements and use knowledge of logistics and company systems to suggest and implement efficiencies.
- Ensure the team is maintaining service levels and KPI’s. Track productivity and quality of customer service through several tools and performance manage as needed.
- Confirm clerks are properly responding to all emails and items they are capable of resolving.
- Confirm successful completion of projects and clerical tasks assigned to clerks by the specialist team. Cleaning up queues in Triumph Pay Audit, completing aging reports from carriers and factoring companies, Cleaning up unassigned email inbox.
- Ensure the team is providing elite customer service when communicating with our external partners.
- Monitor performance within Triumph Pay Audit, and maintain approval and exception resolution expectations the AP team is held to.
- Review all new and existing customer credit increases and make determinations.
- Develop and maintain a credit policy for customers domiciled in Mexico.
- Run credit reports and collection necessary documents to issue credit decisions and ensure proper customer vetting is completed.
- Assist with review and communication regarding cargo claims when loss or damage occurs in Mexico.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues that arise.
- Complete special projects on an ad-hoc basis and as needed.
- Support the Carrier Compliance team with carrier onboarding, load resolutions, operational processes, and any escalated issues or projects to help ensure the team is meeting KPI expectations.
- English Fluency Required (High B2-C1)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in leadership roles.
- Previous transportation experience required.
- Oracle NetSuite Experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for an area of assignment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and internal and
- external stakeholders.
- A natural problem solver, with a knack for developing solutions and the steps necessary to get there.
- Strong critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Take advantage of our benefits including monthly grocery vouchers, vacation days, savings fund, medical insurance and more.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays… Food is on Arrive!
- Work in our new Guadalajara office located in Midtown WeWork Plaza
- Park your car for free on site!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with complimentary coffee and tea
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
Your Arrive Experience
Our award-winning company culture is designed with you in mind. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth and making Arrive a place we all love to work.