Arrive is seeking a passionate, energetic, and entrepreneurial-minded Open Deck (Flatbed) Sales Manager to help lead, develop and deliver growth in Arrive’s Open Deck (Flatbed) network. We’re looking for a candidate willing to go above and beyond to deliver the results, service and experience that we pride ourselves on at Arrive. As Arrive’s Open Deck Sales Manager, you will act as a player/coach for new team members, assisting to identify, price, and close Open Deck sales opportunities through a cradle to grave model.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee a team of Business Development Representatives and Open Deck Coverage Specialists focused on execution with a “no excuses” mindset.
- Responsible for landing and expanding Open Deck Customer base and volumes.
- Provide Open Deck subject matter expertise for pricing and general knowledge support for transactional, contractual and project opportunities.
- Function as a player/coach for new team members as well as an educator across all levels of the team.
- Join and support issue resolution calls to ensure account stability and Customer happiness.
- Build, manage and leverage internal relationships to ensure collaboration, capacity alignment, issue resolution, and service improvements to maximize efficiencies and deliver results.
- Work closely with Client Success and Business Development management on employee adoption, strategy execution, and overall growth performance.
- 5+ years of 3PL experience with a focus on Open Deck sales.
- Direct experience in Open Deck sales, operations, planning and development.
- Previous management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Strong ability to quickly build trust with different levels of management.
- High level of initiative and hustle.
- Able to collaborate with seasoned teams and implement strategies and program adoption.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and take part in learning opportunities through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Take advantage of our transportation reimbursement program and make your way to work via the train, bus, car or bike! There are CTA and L train stops walking distance from the office and you can store your bike safely inside of the building.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes brand new Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training options.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance – If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.