As a Senior Software Engineer at Arrive Logistics, you will work with an amazing team of software engineers to architect and build applications and services that power Arrive Logistics’ industry-leading Transportation Management System. You will help create an exciting and rewarding team culture and benefit from an atmosphere of constant learning and improvement. You will apply the skills that you bring to the job, but you will also master new skills and technologies, allowing you to use the best tools for the job and enhancing your success.
This is a career-defining opportunity to work alongside some of the Freight Logistics industry’s top experts and your work will substantially help transform one of the world’s largest industries. If you possess strong technical skills, a passion for real-world relevance, and a desire to make an impact, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Build applications and microservices using modern methodologies and tech stacks.
- Come to understand the data that flows through the industry and our system and work effectively with SQL Server and our other data stores.
- Apply your architectural abilities to identify solutions that are scalable, performant, secure, well-documented, well-tested and maintainable.
- Work closely with your team to choose the best languages, libraries and frameworks for the task at hand, and have a lasting impact on the engineering organization.
- Commit to the kind of automation processes and code testing that allows us to respond quickly to the business and deploy code without fear.
- Join a team that’s built to operate autonomously, collaborate easily, and produce capital-Q Quality products while never forgetting the importance of team culture.
- Collaborate with engineers outside your team through guilds, hackweeks, pull requests, design sessions, and tech reviews to broaden your knowledge, friendships, and impact.
- Invest in your coworkers’ and your own technical development through collaborative technical deep dives.
- Collaborate creatively and productively with top-notch product, design and data teams.
- Be a strong example of healthy engineering team culture, evangelizing the team’s principles and mentoring team members in how to apply them.
- 5+ years of software engineering or other closely related experience
- 2+ years of mentoring and team collaboration experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish and excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Real-world experience working with Java, Kotlin or .NET Core, and SQL Server or a similar enterprise database
- Strong knowledge of engineering best practices and the ability to guide the team on how and where to start when tackling a new problem
- Demonstrated leadership and engagement abilities allowing for the guidance of the team towards best practices and effective development processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in modern back-end development and strong, well-reasoned architectural judgment
- Demonstrated commitment to test coverage as a core principle
Your Arrive Experience
Our award-winning company culture is designed with you in mind. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth and making Arrive a place we all love to work.