As a Senior Business Development Representative, you will play a vital role in the growth of our Cross-Border Mexico volume and customer base. Growth will come from identifying target accounts in Mexico with meaningful cross-border volume, developing relationships with decision makers at those targeted accounts, and providing solutions that balance competitive pricing and excellent service. You will be building meaningful relationships from top to bottom to put Arrive in a position for strong and sustainable growth.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage your experience in supply chain and take your career in a new direction as you contribute to a competitive, forward-thinking organization. We are looking for a seasoned logistics expert with robust experience in the logistics or shipping industry to come in with high energy and vision, set the tone, and get results through new business acquisition and existing account penetration.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your network and experience as a trusted logistics advisor to establish relationships with Mexico-based decision makers, land and expand cross-border shippers
- Establish new relationships with Mexico-based decision makers
- Skillfully negotiate rates & volumes with accounts for a variety of transportation services.
- Increase contractual freight volume through formal RFP and mini bid opportunities
- Work in your respective market(s), traveling up to 75% or more when necessary. This is a remote role that will focus on a specific territory.
- Represent Arrive at conferences in Mexico and at the border
- Collaborate with Business Development mid-level and senior leadership
- Own the Quarterly Business Review process and develop innovative ways to present critical metrics to illustrate Arrive’s brand & growth.
- Prevent leakage to competition by establishing best in class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Manage mission critical issues and ensure overall customer relationships are thriving.
- Prepare Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed and work with operations to implement them.
- Collaborate with the cross-border partnerships team and client solutions team on high level customer-specific pricing strategy
- Provide cross-border Mexico market insights and trends to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Mentor younger sales team members when needed and appropriate.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the logistics or transportation industry.
- Bilingual – Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Strong ability to quickly build trust with different levels of management.
- High level of initiative and hustle.
- Able to work independently, as the role will not be based out of an office.
- Experience using Google apps, including Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Our work culture is high energy! We need highly motivated individuals to help us reach our goals.
- Freight moves fast! You should be comfortable working in an environment that moves quickly and is always on the go.
Your Arrive Experience
Our award-winning company culture is designed with you in mind. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth and making Arrive a place we all love to work.