As a Senior Platform Engineer for Arrive Logistics, you will be responsible for creating an internal developer platform which improves the efficiency of engineering teams and lowers the cognitive complexity of delivering business value creating solutions for our users. Your role requires empathizing with the engineering experience, identifying bottlenecks and pain points, and providing creative solutions to accelerate the work of other engineers. You will work with tools and platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, and New Relic, and programming languages such as dotnet, kotlin, and python to create innovative solutions to common developer roadblocks.
You’ll sit within the Engineering Organization supporting technology powering Arrive Logistics in the fast-paced freight industry. If you are passionate about Platform Engineering, improving the engineer experience, and being part of a new team, read on.
What You’ll Do
- Create bespoke tooling to abstract complexities of technologies like Kubernetes and simplify the learning curve of challenging tools.
- Deliver features, fix bugs, and support teams in their onboarding to Kubernetes, including by contributing code to their systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies.
- Work closely with product engineers, data engineers, and others to understand the challenges they face when delivering business solutions.
- Create automation to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand and drive requirements that take in all parties’ needs and reach optimal outcomes. Utilize knowledge of business needs and project requirements to assess benefit and risk analysis and advise on best course of action.
- Assess and advise on course corrections as needed.
- Translate high level or incomplete direction into planned tasks. Use industry knowledge to contribute to the direction of projects.
- Design CI/CD pipelines for applications and infrastructure.
- Produce high quality documentation and support tooling.
- Collaborate with engineers outside your team through guilds, hackweeks, pull requests, design sessions, and tech reviews to broaden your knowledge, network, and impact.
- Understand the challenges of learning various technologies and design, create, and deliver training materials to help bridge the gap.
- Mentor junior engineers and share platform knowledge across teams.
- Be a strong example of portraying psychological safety for a healthy engineering team culture, mentoring team members in how to apply them.
- 4+ years of experience in systems, software, platform, site reliability, or DevOps engineering
- 2 + years of experience building or operating cloud applications on a major provider such as Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience leading teams or large scale projects
- Capable of owning technical design of high complexity without guidance
- Demonstrated experience with CI / CD tools such as Azure DevOps, CircleCi, Github Actions, or similar
- Ability to handle projects end-to-end with little or no oversight
- Expertise in cloud automation using Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform (preferred), Chef, or Puppet
- Capable of communicating technical decisions and design to non technical stakeholders
- Experience writing code in .NET, Java / Kotlin, or Python
- A history of mentoring junior engineers on technical and soft skills
- Expertise with multiple types of datastores such as Sql Server, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, and similar
- Significant experience working with distributed and event based architectures
- Significant experience with containerized workloads and Kubernetes or similar orchestration systems
Your Arrive Experience
Our award-winning company culture is designed with you in mind. We are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth and making Arrive a place we all love to work.