Arrive Logistics is looking for an employee relations guru to join our People Operations team! This brand new role is a crucial addition to People Ops, and will play an integral role at Arrive Logistics as the company continues to grow. As our Employee Relations Specialist, you will collaborate with Arrive management to promote positive manager-employee relationships. The ideal candidate has tactful interpersonal skills with a knack for successful conflict resolution. If you have a proven ability to diffuse employee issues, address concerns, and problem-solve your way through tricky situations, then we cannot wait to meet you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Respond to basic employee relations questions and handle employee relations investigations with appropriate oversight.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations.
- Escalate complex employee relations issues & disciplinary actions to People Ops management as needed.
- Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminated employees.
- Maintain & provide the People Ops and appropriate department heads with exit interview feedback, and work to identity turnover trends.
- Complete standard separation agreements as requested.
- Maintain and complete all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA employee requests.
- Collaborate with People Ops to review EEO complaints and other work-related issues and case documentation.
- Work closely with our People Operations Manager to develop and implement HR policies.
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates.
- Proactively build relationships with Arrive’s management – you are their resource for all employee relations matters!
- Support internal projects as needed, with an emphasis on building & maintaining the culture at Arrive.
- Report to our People Operations Manager and collaborate with the entire People Ops team.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops initiatives as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- 2+ years in a Generalist or Employee Relations role with demonstrated ER experience.
- HR certificate preferred, but not required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Detail oriented – nothing gets by you!Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Strong desire to specialize in the employee relations sector of human resources.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Respect for confidentiality and personal tact – this is a MUST!
- An LFG attitude – once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Make an immediate impact on a lean People Operations team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders in Human Resources.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.