Innovation and disruption are rife in sectors beyond technology. That includes businesses that want to humanely produce chicken eggs or cut your hair.
Entrepreneurs of all stripes are being honored by Ernst & Young LLP, which announced finalists for its 2018 Entrepreneur Of The Year awards for Central Texas, which covers both Austin and San Antonio.
The awards, which are sponsored in part by Austin Business Journal, are for “entrepreneurs who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities,” according to EY. They come with much prestige.
Winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and announced June 8 at an event at the downtown JW Marriott Austin hotel. Winners in the Central Texas regional competition are eligible to advance to the national Entrepreneur Of The Year awards.
The 26 finalists in Central Texas are:
• Bill Daniel, president and CEO, All Web Leads Inc.
• Eric Dunigan, president, and Matt Pyatt, CEO, Arrive Logistics Inc.
• Pat Goepel, CEO, Asure Software Inc.
• Jayson Rapaport and Michael Portman, co-founders, Birds Barbershop
• Darin Brannan, CEO, ClearDATA
• Chris Dillie, president and CEO, ESO Solutions Inc.
• Julia Taylor Cheek, founder and CEO, EverlyWell Inc.
• Hamza Deyaf, CEO, Feniex Industries Inc.
• Jade Chang Sheppard, president and owner, Gideon USA (San Antonio)
• Reed Seaton, president and CEO, Hellas Construction
• Curtis Eggemeyer, CEO, Lemi Shine
• Homi Shamir, CEO, Luminex Corp.
• Jerry Maldonado, owner and corporate VP, Maldonado Nursery and Landscaping Inc. (San Antonio)
• Ben Rubenstein, founder and CEO, and Michael Lam, founder and CFO, Opcity Inc.
• Bjorn Reynolds, CEO, SafeGuard World International
• Rob Neville, CEO, Savara Inc.
• Amir Husain, founder and CEO, SparkCognition Inc.
• Dan Hansen, chairman, president and CEO, Summit Hotel Properties Inc.
• Tim Koxlien, CEO, TeleQuality TeleQuality Communications Inc. (San Antonio)
• David Evans, president, Texas Utility Engineering Inc. (San Antonio)
• Adam Lyons, founder and executive chairman, The Zebra
• Matt O’Hayer, founder and CEO, Vital Farms Inc.
• Greg Stock, chairman and CEO, Zenoss Inc.
Original article posted here: