At Arrive Logistics, we know safe driving is a top priority for all carriers, shippers and brokers. ArriveSAFE is a resource guide created as a way to help interested carriers access relevant information from trusted third party resources. To learn more about safety in logistics check out the resources below.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is an agency in the United States Department of Transportation, regulating the trucking industry in the US. Their mission is to prevent commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries. Listed below are a variety of helpful resources provided by FMCSA.
- CMV Driving Tips – The CMV Driving Tips are a collection of web pages developed by the FMCSA to provide valuable driving tips and to raise awareness of CMV drivers about common driving errors
- No Texting Rule Fact Sheet – FMCSA’s “No Texting Rule Fact Sheet” outlines research statistics, risks, penalties and fines of texting while operating a CMV.
- The Motor Carrier Safety Planner – This Safety Planner provides simple explanations and templates to help those operating CMVs to understand and comply with Federal safety regulations.
- TREDS – With funding support from FMCSA, TREDS (Training, Research, and Educating for Driver Safety) is an educational organization that delivers education and training programs to improve roadway safety and conducts research to inform public policy.
TREDS hosts many programs covering Distracted Driving, Risks/Consequences, State/Federal Laws and Regulations and Practical strategies to promote safe driving. Click here to access their free virtual workshows, or click here to access their published works on safety topics.
Transportation Safety Organizations
There are multiple transportation safety organizations dedicated to providing educational and informational materials to help promote driver safety. Additionally, many of these organizations offer programs specifically designed to educate CMV drivers.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance – The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) is a nonprofit association created to improve commercial motor vehicle safety and uniformity throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico by providing guidance and education to enforcement, industry and policy makers.
The CVSA provides Commercial Motor Vehicle driver resources about avoiding aggressive driving, defensive driving techniques, distracted driving and safety tips. They also have multiple videos on safety from commercial drivers and other perspectives. Click here to access their resources.
- National Safety Council – The National Safety Council (NSC) is a nonprofit safety advocate focused on eliminating the leading causes of preventable death. NSC provides a safety on the road resources covering distracted, fatigued and impaired driving, and speeding. Click here to access these resources.
NSC also offers a Defensive Driving Safety Training Program for those interested. Click here to learn more about the program, and to view a quick video segment from one of the courses.
Arrive Logistics is not associated with these organizations or the content presented. ArriveSAFE is only a resource for carriers interested in learning more about driving safety.